My WordPress admin login username/password does not work. Also, I don't get the reminder email it sends out.
Here's how to change your password in the database, using phpMyAdmin.
- Login to cPanel and click the phpMyAdmin icon.
(In the X theme, you must go to MySQL Databases and scroll to the very bottom to find the link.)
- From the left-hand list, select the correct database associated with your script. (You may need to check the wp-config.php file in the install directory. It will have the correct name.)
- In the new left-hand menu, click wp_users.
- At the top of the main area, click the Browse tab.
- One of the first entries should show your admin username, email, and an encrypted password. Click the Edit icon for that row.
- Now you see all the details associated with that user. Across from the 'user_pass' is your encoded password. Delete that long string of characters.
- Now type in the password you want to use. Just type it in normally, but remember, it is case-sensitive.
- Next, click the drop-down menu immediately left for the new password, and select MD5.
- Click the Go button at the bottom right.
- Now go back to your script's login screen, and use the new password.