At times, your web application has the need to connect to our MySQL database servers from third party host servers or even from your local machine. In this case, you need to whitelist the remote IP address from where you’ll be connecting to our database servers. i.e. from third party host server IP address or your public static IP. (if you’re connecting from your local machine). You can whitelist the IP address using below steps:
Step 1: Login to your cPanel. In the Databases section, Click on "Remote MySQL"
Step 2: Enter the IP address of your remote server or your public static IP (if you're connecting from your local machine). If you are not sure about this IP address and want to allow connections from any host, enter a wildcard i.e. just type in "%" in the field.
Step 3: Click on "Add Host" to whitelist the IP address.
That’s it. Now you can connect your local machine to connect to MySQL database servers.
You can connect database using the below mentioned steps:
- As mentioned in the above steps, add a wildcard "%" in the Remote MYSQL provided in cPanel
- Go to http://ghtorrent.org/dblite/
- You can choose to Register on this website or Continue as Guest.
- Once in, click on the icon to your left which says - New Connection
- Enter a Connection name
- Set your hosting package IP address as Host
- Set the Port to default - 3306
- Enter your Database Username
- Enter your Database Password
- Click on Test
- You should now get a Connection successful message. Click on OK
- Select your Database in the drop down provided and click on Connect.