It is easy to Password protect your website or page so that only authorized individuals can access it. Below are the steps to do that.
- Login to your cPanel and Scroll down to the Security section.
- Click on "Password Protect Directories".
- Select the directory ‘web root(public_html/www)’ and click on Go.
- Click on the directory that you wish to password protect (For the complete website select 'public_html').
- Under Security Settings, Tick the option ‘Password protect this directory’
- Enter the directory name that you would like to display.
- Click on ‘Save’ and Go back
- Under create user, enter Username, Password.
- Click on ‘Add/Modify authorized user’ and click on Go back.
That’s it. You’ve successfully set password protected on your website.