What is resource over usage and why would you see an error message?
All Shared Hosting plans have resource limits set by CloudLinux LVE (Lightweight Virtual Environment) - resources include CPU, physical memory, entry processes and the number of processes.
If your account starts using more resources than your limit, this is resource overuse and you will either see an error message or your website will work slower.
3 codes you are likely to see are 508, 500 or 503.
- Code 508: means your entry processes have reached the limit
- Code 500/503: means a number process has reached the limit
If the limit has been reached by one of the domains, all other domain names hosted in the account will be affected as they share the same resources.
• Recent site updates: If this is the first time you have had resource usage issues check the latest updates you’ve made to your site. Recent changes may be impacting your usage levels.
• New plugins/themes: If you have installed a new plugin or a theme, try disabling it and monitor the impact on your account's performance for at least 10 minutes.
• Increases in site traffic: Go to Awstats Menu in cPanel. This will provide information about visitors to your site and will enable you to understand if there has been a recent spike in the number of visits.