Once you have signed up for a hosting plan, you can begin uploading website content to your FTP account.
These can be website files that you created with a web design program or website files created for you by a web designer. For your web site to appear online, you should upload it inside your public_html directory which is inside File Manager in your cPanel.
How to Upload:
We suggest FileZilla to upload files because it is easy to use, and you can download it for free. You can download FileZilla here:
In order to upload your website files and folders to your FTP account, you will need to make sure you have the correct FTP login information:
Remote Directory: /public_html
Using FileZilla, uploading website files to your FTP account is as easy as locating the file on your local machine (on the left in FileZilla) and dragging and dropping the file into your /public_html directory on the right.
Please follow the below instructions while uploading your website files and folders to your FTP account:
1. Always make sure to upload your website files and folders directly to your /public_html directory, this is also known as your remote directory.
2. If you created your website using a file named "image.jpg" remember to upload that same file with the exact same name. If you use a capital letter when uploading the file to your FTP account, your website will be unable to locate and display that file.
e.g., "image.jpg" and "Image.jpg" would be considered two different files by your website.
3. We do not suggest using spaces in file names. Please make sure to use an "_" if you would like spaces between words.
e.g., this would be an incorrect file name: "image example 1.jpg". The correct form would be: "image_example_1.jpg".
4. If your website design program created your website using specific folders such as "images" or "documents", make sure to upload those folders to your /public_html directory as well and place the necessary website files inside of them.
5. Once you upload files, you need to update nameserver or A record in order to make your website live.