What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web service provided by Google that allows website owners to learn more about their website visitors through traffic statistics.
Signing up with Google Analytics:
Before adding Google Analytics to your WordPress site, you will need to sign up for the service:
1) If you are not logged into your Google account or don’t have one, you will see the following screen:
2) Sign in using your Google or Gmail account. If you don’t have one, select More options, then Create account.
3) Once signed into your Google account, click the Sign up button:
4) Complete the registration form:
5) Click the Get Tracking ID button at the bottom of the page:
6) In a pop-up window, you will see the Google Analytics Terms of Service (TOS) Agreement. Read the TOS and click I Accept:
7) You will then be redirected to a page where you can see your Google Analytics tracking ID and tracking code.