We need email address and its password to configure email account on phone. We should know the information about the type of email account you have (POP3, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange,) security type, and port number.
Now, we have to follow below steps:
- Launch the Email app from your Home screen or the app drawer. It's an envelope with a red "@" over the top of it.
- Tap the Menu button. It looks like "☰" in the upper left corner.
Tap on manage accounts at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap next.
- Choose the type of your email account. Samsung mail supports POP3, IMAP, or Microsoft Exchange accounts.
- Enter your username. This is usually the same as your email address.
Enter your password.
- The next screens ask for information about your email server, such as the security type and port number.
- Tap next at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter a name for your email account. It defaults to your email address.
- Enter how your name will be shown on your outgoing messages.
Tap done at the bottom of the screen.
The email settings are:
|Password:||Use the email account’s password.|
IMAP, POP3, and SMTP require authentication.